Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Entry #1. Opinion of blogs

 One of our basic needs as  humans is the need to connect with others, and social medias  such as Facebook, blogger, twitter etc...help us fill that need. This is my first time in class using blog, and I am getting to like it already. The more I mess around my profile, the more I am learning to use my blog. By using blogger, you are able to share your experience with others and have an open discussion to better understand your post. If you are a writer of opinion blogs this a better opportunity to state your mind on a subject. You can get  people to respond to your posts which makes it more fun as well. Another thing I like about blogger is if you tend to be a writer of discussion blogs you have the opportunity to stay neutral and have your audience or readers give their own view on things. The most important thing I like about blogs is the social interaction and the idea of sharing your knowledge. For instance, if you share a knowledge that you understand; you tend to help a lot of readers and stay connected with them.

After reading the blog written by Rick Needham about " Investing in a South African solar project", I enjoyed the way Needham expresses his ideas. The content of his post was very interesting for me because of the idea of investing energy in a country that was in a need. According to his post, they had chosen to install that energy project in South Africa for two reasons: First to " Make an investment that they believe will financial make sense" and second, " They were looking for a project that has transformative potential that will move the world closer to a clean future energy".
Before the project, South African people have experienced a severe shortage, which resulted in blackouts throughout the country and slowed down economic growth. Then after the project was installed, South Africa is now a blessed country with abundant wind and solar resources. His post was well developed in only one entry which makes it easier for me to understand the content as English is my second language.

By posting this picture of the actual panel project solar in his post,

I was able to visualize the project and which was very interesting to see like I was there in real life.

 " The Shooting Allens" blog did not engaged me. The blog has great pictures of the mom's kids but it was too personal in my understanding.




The intended audience for this type of bog is friend and family for the most. The mom's friends and family would be more interested in reading her bog because I assume that they have some kind of connections already. Her blog was very casual with a lovely ton and did not have concern about grammar rule. She posted many pictures of her kids that make her blog sounds like an album photos.

Everyone has their own style of writing but the most important is the idea of sharing and interacting with others.

2 comments:

  1. Barry/Mohamed (I am confused now)--Your blog is looking pretty good so far. You have good visual appeal with images, format and layout. Your writing flows well, and you are attempting to thoughtfully engage your audience with interesting discussion. Keep working on showing some of your personality; your tone is professionally casual. Good. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much sir. It was incredibly helpful meeting with you to learn about the blog tool.
    Back home we go by the last name, you can call me Barry please.

    ReplyDelete